28th February 2013 will be my last day as the Head of Operations for Moneytree Singapore Pte Ltd. Till date, I have;
- established an operational system/process for the company to follow.
- established partnership and operational strategy with 3rd party organization that will help with the organizational deliverable.
- established a basic structure for innovation and enterprise program.
- handed over my roles to 2 full time & 4 freelance replacements. (it takes 4 program managers and 2 project coordinators to fully take over my role and responsibility)
The CEO of Moneytree has finally announced my resignation last Thursday during a meeting with the core sales and operations team. During the meeting itself, i received calls and smses from fellow trainers asking me if the 'rumour' was true. Oh my... news at the speed of thought.
Looking at the number of people taking over my role, I was asked many a time "How was it possible?". My honest answer... it's the heart that makes it possible. It's pure PASSION that drives me for the past 2 years to do what I've been doing. It's PASSION that keeps me up late at night. It's PASSION that keeps me on the move and on my toes. It's PASSION that gives me the 6th sense of what could have gone wrong and attended to it before it happened or cause more damage. A few told me that I did that because I get paid handsomely. Well, I don't. It's almost a 2k cut from my previous assignments and I have to front most of the operational costs. No one will be able to go through this if its not for PASSION, and for helping a friend whom I've known for almost 10 years...
In March 2013, i need to have my passion channeled to my own dream - TRAINING. I've begun to take training assignments for March. I've also begun applying for more training opportunities. I am not asking for a favour. What I asked for, is an opportunity to show what I can do, and hope to earn more opportunities.
Over the Chinese New Year, I've done a lot of reading. Reading is an important activity to me. How else can we gain from a lifetime of experiences in a matter of days. Nevertheless, reading is not enough. We need to be able to draw out the key ideas and share it along. I'm a strong believer that a learner is proven learned, if he is able to break down his learnings and share it with others.
Come 1st March 2013, I will be back as a freelance trainer and program developer. Till then, I'm handing over my tasks and knowledge, and at the same time, upgrading myself to be much better trainer and program developer. May I be given the strength and wisdom to provide my customers with the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment